I hope everyone had a great fall break! I am currently in Chicago learning more about Daily 5 reading instruction. It has been GREAT and I can't wait to return with all these new teaching ideas! I will return Tuesday.
If your child was
absent on picture day or you would like them to have it retaken, they may dress
out of uniform Thursday for make-up picture day. Students will need to bring a
uniform change of clothes for after the picture.
This week we will read the nonfiction story Life Cycle of a Pumpkin. Our vocabulary words from the selection are crop, jagged, wither, pollen, pulp, harvest. We will take a close look at the nonfiction text features and understanding the difference between fact and opinion. In grammar, we will review common, proper, singular, plural, and possessive nouns. In spelling, we will practice spelling words with the long i sound made by i, y, igh, and ie.
In math this week we will continue adding with two-digit numbers using regrouping. We will practicing writing these problems vertically, making sure to line up the ones and tens places. Then, we will practice adding 3 two-digit numbers. Our addition test will be this Friday.
Fall Fest is this Thursday and we need your help! This
is one of Campus School’s biggest events and it takes a lot of parent
volunteers to make it a success. Please visit http://campusfallfest.wikispaces.com/ to sign
up to volunteer.
No comments:
Post a Comment