I hope you all enjoyed your day off today and were able to relax and have some fun too! We have another busy week ahead. Our SAC evaluation is this Thursday and Friday, and we hope to see all of your smiling faces supporting our school at Family Gathering. Scholastic book orders are due Tuesday!
The 100th day of school is next Monday, January 23rd. We will have a day full of the number 100. To make the celebration even more memorable, we would like all first graders to dress like they are 100 years old! I can't wait to see all of the little grannies and grandpas!
This week in reading the first graders will be learning about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. through various texts. As we learn about Martin Luther King, Jr's dream, we will each write our own dream. I can't wait to read these powerful dreams! In spelling we are focusing on words that end with y but make a long e or long i sound. Aren't you happy? In grammar we will continue practicing with subject verb agreement.
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment